Upcoming Posts!!

- Avon's Supercurlacious Mascara
- Primer or no primer?
- Many FOTD's with pictures
- Skincare/Haircare review
- Valentine's Day looks
- Lip liner application
- NOTD's
- Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara review
- Upcoming MAC collections
- NARS blush review
- Top 10 drugstore products
- 10 Favorite things
- Straightener review
- My face routine
- How I store all my makeup!
- Makeup tutorials
- Celebrity recreates with complete tutorial


Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Review: MAC mineralize eyeshadow

As alot of you know, MAC has come out with their holiday collection. I haven't made a post yet, but I will soon about all the other stuff they are offering as far as shadows, lipglosses, etc go. This past weekend I stopped at my local MAC counter to see what kind of availability they had as far as the new collection goes. I also wanted to see the new mineralize duos looked and what they looked like when swatched in real life. I have had my eye on Blue Socery since I saw it on the MAC site and I really hoped that they had it there.

When I got to the counter, they did in fact have it. Blue Sorcery is the new mineralize duo that came out. One side is a beautiful teal color and the other side is a silver color. These two paired together look so amazing. I really wanted it more for the teal color because I'm not really a silver eyeshadow wearer much, but I figured I will learn to love it if I want it haha. I swatched this at the counter and automatically fell in love with it. I picked it up within 10 seconds and was already on my way with my purchase. (I also picked up the new Boy Bait Creemsheen Glass, which I will review later in the week)

I used it yesterday and today and I have to say I am not at all impressed with this. It seems to me this swatched 10x better at the counter then at my home. The teal color is VERY pretty in real life and swatched on your hand is amazing. On your eye is a different story. I feel like this shadow is very hard to work with. The teal side has ALOT of fall out. It also wasn't as bright on my eyes as it was on the back of my hand. I was really dissapointed with this because I really felt this color was very beautiful and I could pull alot of looks out of this one color. I tried pairing it with a hot pink color and it wasn't as good as I thought it would come out. Again, it was very hard to work with and not as bright as I wanted it to be.

The silver side is out of control. You cannot use this at all. It is so sheen and so thin that you can't even use this as an all over eyeshadow if you wanted to. The shadow doesn't cover anything, doesn't look good at all, and has so much fallout you look like you got into a fight with a pixie fairy. You could possibly use this as just a little something to give some shimmer to your look but that's about it. I am very dissapointed with this side. I don't want to say I'm dissapointed with the whole shadow because I really do love the colors but I feel MAC could of done alot better with this shadow. I feel like they half assed it compared to the other duos they have. I have the Sea and Sky duo and the way that shadow feels is very smooth and goes on just as it looks in the packaging. Out of a 10, I give the teal a 7 and the silver a 3. You can't really do much with this shadow. I am going to try to find a happy medium with this but as far as I have seen I am not happy with this. Also, the silver side has a rough feeling which I thought was weird only because the other duos have a smooth feeling to them like I have said before.




















(Picture courtesy of temptalia)

No comments:

Post a Comment