Upcoming Posts!!

- Avon's Supercurlacious Mascara
- Primer or no primer?
- Many FOTD's with pictures
- Skincare/Haircare review
- Valentine's Day looks
- Lip liner application
- NOTD's
- Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara review
- Upcoming MAC collections
- NARS blush review
- Top 10 drugstore products
- 10 Favorite things
- Straightener review
- My face routine
- How I store all my makeup!
- Makeup tutorials
- Celebrity recreates with complete tutorial


Monday, November 9, 2009

7 crazy things about myself!!

So, I know I have done a couple "tag" posts, but none of them are really personal or tell crazy things about the way I live or why I am the way I am. I thought that this would be the perfect oppurtunity to let it out there, no matter how crazy they may be!!

1. I am completely and utterly OBSESSED with makeup, lotions, hair products, nail polishes, etc. I know what your looking, DUH Jamie, you are writing this on YOUR makeup blog, but it gets worse than that. Most people have all MAC, or all higher end brands. No matter how many times I tell myself I'm going to save my money for all MAC or my money for the next trip to Sephora, I just cannot stop buying drugstore makeup. Some of the stuff is better than most of the higher end stuff out there! I also have a dresser than is SO jam packed on top there is NO room for anything. I have baskets holding everything from hairspray, lotion, and creams to nail polish remover, cotton balls and swabs. Everytime I use a product, I just say I am not going to buy anymore until I start using some of the stuff I have, but then I go to the store and see another product I'd like to try and POOF I buy it haha. Or, I get my weekly Avon book and buy the whole thing and when it comes in, I literally have to pry through things to find room. I don't know how I accumulated all this stuff but one day I woke up and was like where the hell did the top of my dresser go? haha.

2. I used to hate my name when I was younger. I hated the fact that Jamie could be used as a boy name and a girl name. I met one Jamie that was a boy when I was younger and we ended up dating (or whatever it is you do when your in 4th grade and have a crush on somebody). Nobody called him Jamie so it wasn't that awkward, boyfriend and girlfriend having the same name. I also used to hate the fact that every Jamie I met that was a girl had a middle name of Lynn, like me. I always felt like my name wasn't unique enough, but now that I'm older, I embrace my name and actually think it sounds really pretty.

3. When I was younger, I wanted to be a neurologist (brain doctor) so bad. I would always put on my moms white jackets and walk around the house pretending to examine people's brains. As I got older, I realized that I couldn't stand the site of blood. When I was about 6, I got my finger caught in a skee ball machine and it sliced the top of my finger open. All I remember is getting light headed, and getting sick. I realized that medical school wasn't in my future if I couldn't stand the sight of blood. Now that I'm older and coming to the crossroads of figuring out what to do with my life, I'm stuck in a situation where I need to decide if I want to go to medical school to pursue a degree in Psychology, or get my MD license to become a psychiatrist. We shall see.

4. I absolutely LOVE sushi. I remember once when I was in 6th grade, we did this thing on countries, and everybody had to bring in something that had to do with their country. Somebody had Japan, and they brought in sushi to represent their country. It was the kind that is wrapped in seaweed with rice, wasabi, and avacado. I think those are called California rolls if I'm not mistaken. Anyways, I tried one bite of those and I almost yakked all over the place. It was THEE most disgusting thing I have ever tried in my entire life. Fast forward a couple years and one day my dad came home with a bunch of sushi. My dad used to travel alot for work and he always ate out alot with his co-workers instead of staying in a hotel by himself. He brought home things like shrimp, crab, salmon, tuna, and other things. It wasn't the ones that were wrapped, but the ones that are just a shrimp with rice. I again tried it and FELL IN LOVE. I could not get enough of them. Now everytime I go to the Chinese buffett, I run right to the sushi and load up. When I met my boyfriend 4 years ago, he thought it was repulsive that I ate sushi until I made him try it. Now, he eats and tries almost all the sushi while I stick to my shrimp, tuna and salmon sushi haha.

5. Nobody taught me how to read, I taught myself. I remember my mom and dad would always read to me and I would kind of get it as they read. One day, I sat in my room all by myself and sat down on the floor. I picked up a Madeline book and opened it and literally just started reading. I don't know how to explain it, but it seemed that the words just started flowing to my head. I ran out of my room and showed my mom to make sure I knew what the words were and I was reading them correctly, and I was. In school, I was always a quicker reader than most of the kids and it used to get me in trouble because I would finish all my tests and quizzes alot earlier than the other kids and end up sitting there for an hour doing nothing!!

6. I am one of the pickiest eaters and the non pickiest eaters you will ever meet. For a couple examples: I will eat tomatoes, but will not eat the center of them. Whenever we have hamburgers on the grill or BLT's, my dad will cut out the center for me and leave just the ring. I will eat tomato sauce though. I hate cheese on sandwiches but will eat Velveeta pasta and Mac & Cheese. I will eat Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but only if the sandwich is roast beef. Also, I won't eat peas in macaroni salad so my mom always makes a seperate bowl for me. I will only eat peas if I can mix it with rice, and only if I'm eating steak. I know, very weird but that's how I am haha.

7. I told my boyfriend that when and if we ever get married and have our own house, I want doggies. There is just something about coming home and having your best friend meeting you at the door and being so happy to see you. I have a list of all breeds that I want and these are them: Welsh Corgi, Mini Dachshund (also known as the weiner dog haha), Pitbull (I own one now and everybody thinks they are mean, killing machines but that is far from the truth), English bulldog (for the boyfriend), a Samoyed puppy (like the dog from the Proposal, SO CUTE!!) And any other dog I see fit. My boyfriend told me I am limited to 4 dogs at once but he will not yell at me when I come home with puppy after puppy unless I go over the limit of 4 : )

That's it. Those are 7 crazy facts about yours truely. We will make this a tag thread and I am tagging ALL of my readers. Link back to my profile or leave me a comment so I can read your crazy facts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment